Sunday 29 November 2015

Thing 18 Flickr and Instagram

  I'd forgotten until reading Thing 18 that we had a Flickr account.  When our Computer Services librarian retired some time ago none of us kept it going.  In reality as soon as we started a Facebook page we shared most of our photos that way and still do.  Sometimes it's difficult to maintain too many social media accounts and you have to go with the ones which are simple for everyone and most popular with users.  



So the photo I've chosen to share is actually a bit of a cheat as its one I took of my poor husband in our library mascot costume on a very hot summers day 5 years ago!  Funnily enough this was taken before we got married and he hasn't worn the costume since then - it would be interesting to know though whether the families and friends of other librarians are prevailed upon quite as much as those of mine and my colleagues!

I have an Instagram account but haven't really used it.  Again in my personal life I tend to stick to Facebook and Twitter.  I've followed a few libraries though and will be interested to see how they are sharing what they're doing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I tend to stick to Facebook and Twitter for personal stuff too, but I find Instagram is very useful for sharing photos about the department where I work. Horses for courses...

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete